Choosing The Best Location For Your Engagement Session
You’re newly engaged and it’s time to start planning your wedding. But before you choose table linens, chair covers, and flower arrangements, start thinking about what you want to do for your engagement photos. Do you want simple scenery with traditional poses? Or do you want somewhere meaningful that represents your relationship? If you’re going for the latter, here are five tips for choosing the perfect engagement session location!
1. Get the vibe right: You want to choose a location that makes you feel good. When you feel good, you’re confident and relaxed- and that really shows through in photos!
2. Pick a place you like to hang out: What do you like to do together? Do you have any special hobbies you both enjoy? Are you into nature and wilderness? Maybe you both enjoy the local pub on your free evenings. Again, choosing a location you enjoy helps you both to feel relaxed and in your element.
3. Tell your story: What led to your engagement? How did you meet? Maybe your fiancé played football in college and you cheered on the sidelines. When you base your session around your own personal story, you’ll have pictures you can treasure all your life. You’ll look back on them with fondness at your love story and where it all began- and you would be surprised how beautiful pictures can turn out in the middle of a football field with a big goal post in the background!
4. Pick a theme: Themes are a light-hearted way to get some great photos! Do you have a favorite book or tv series? Maybe you both like a certain sports team or even root for rival ones. Themes are also a great way to showcase your hobbies!
5. Choose somewhere unique: Your photos will really stand out if you find a location that’s out of the ordinary. Think outside the box, and don’t ever discount a place because you’ve never seen it done. Have fun with it!
Whatever location you choose for your engagement session, think about these tips and apply them where you can. The most important thing is to be confident, relax, and have a great time! Happy planning!
ARE YOU PLANNING A WEDDING?
Wedding planning is HARD work! I have so many tips to send your way! Join me for instant access to the CMP newsletter community and get some help planning your wedding day from someone who has been there with sweet brides like you over 70 times!